Related to ginger, turmeric is also a root (actually, a rhizome) with a deep golden color and a sharp, slightly bitter flavor. Turmeric provides the intense color of classic yellow mustard and curry powder. It’s also found in chutneys, as well as the spice mixture garam masala.
Other names are Tumeric, Haldi, Polvo de Turmeric, and Ground Turmeric.
- Blend it into smoothies
- Add to any soup recipe.
- A natural in curries, turmeric brings warm flavors to any curry or stew. When you sauté the vegetables in oil, add in 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- Boost the healthiness of mac and cheese by stirring in ½ teaspoon of turmeric to your cheese sauce.
- Make a hummus topper: Combine ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric with 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds and sprinkle over hummus.
- Cook lentils or other legumes.
- Can be used as a natural and organic coloring agent in food.
- Great ingredient in skincare products.
AS NATURAL AS IT GETS: Our 100% pure, USDA Certified Turmeric Root powder is also Kosher Certified and Non-GMO verified. It contains NO MSG, NO GMO, NO Ethylene Oxide (ETO) treatment, NO Irradiation with NO additives, preservatives, or artificial color.
3% CUCUMIN CONTENT: The Verdana Turmeric Powder has 3% Curcumin which is at the high end of the range.
TRUE SUPERFOOD: Verdana Ground Turmeric is a true superfood with loads of ant-oxidants. Using Turmeric with Black Pepper improves Curcumin absorption.
HIGH QUALITY PACKAGING: The Verdana Turmeric Powder is packed in a high quality, food grade, resealable, standup pouch to keep it fresh and protected against oxygen, sunlight, moisture and heat. Our standup pouch gives you the flexibility of easy storage unlike containers and jars.
THE VERDANA QUALITY: The Verdana brand has a long tradition of high quality natural and organic products. Ground in temperature and humidity-controlled atmosphere, packaged immediately to retain freshness and imported in small quantities, the Verdana Turmeric Root Powder will exceed your expectations.
Country of Origin: India/ Sri Lanka